Monday 23 November 2015

Main Star Create a Gift


I made a lantern out of an old sprite can.  Firstly I filled the cans up with water then put them in the freezer.  Secondly I took them out of the freezer and put marks where I would cut them.  Then I cut them with my sharp knife.  Then I went inside and filled the bath sink up with hot water to melt the ice.  Once this was done I pushed down on the can to make it look like a lantern effect.  Then I put wire through the can tab to make it hang.  Then I put candles in each one.  Then I lit them.








5 comments:

  1. Good work Liam, they were alot harder than we thought.
    You have to be careful with how hot the tops get.
    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Liam, you are learning a lot of useful things. They would be great for an outside BBQ over the summer. I'm very impressed.
    Grannie M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Liam
    That was really cool!!!
    How long did it take you to do. Did you do it all yourself or with your mum or dads help to cut the can. How many of those did you make. I think that that is really cool.

    Zac (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Liam
    Woo that's really cool I like that idea!!!
    I looks really good like a real candle holder that people sell.
    Are you using them at home?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Liam .
    Awesome work with your Main stars on creating something .
    They look awesome . By the way good work with your post . It defintly me told step by step of how you made it . I think i might make it in the christmas holidays .
    What was you favourite part about making the lanterns ?
    Also why did you decided to make them ?
    Awesome work .

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.