Tuesday 28 April 2015

unknown soldier letter

Greymouth
105 Sinnott Rd
21 April 2015
7805


To the unknown soldier
thank you for sacrificing your self to kill the germans and
defending us to not get killed and not being scared and to save allot of lifes.I wonder how old were you when you got shot? did you have a family? I wonder what is your name?  
Are you a boy or girl? I wonder if you have ever had a proper life? I had five people who fortin war and four got killed in war and one survived.
                         

3 comments:

  1. thats very good liam, alot of the soldiers that fought were only a small number of years older than you. i like your comment where you wonder if they have had a proper life, its very sad, as many of them wouldnt have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many questions,I am sure all people down the ages will be asking much the same.Well done

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you realise the sacrifice a soldier would have made And that they would have had a life just like we've had. It's sad to think they won't grow old so we need to make sure we appreciate their sacrifice. I've enjoyed reading your Blog.
    Grandma Marianne

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.